Hard drive failures
Types of failure drives HDD
According to statistics, hard drives are the least reliable devices in the computer as they contain mechanical, software and electronic parts. In our laboratory, all work with the HDA HDD are made in a special "clean room," so the recovery is at a high level of quality!
Data's recovery from HDD consists of several stages:
- Winchester temporarily repaired, to the point where he can read the information;
- With hard drive using professional software is a copy of the Process all sectors on the other completely defective HDD;
- Further, if necessary, to the proper disk is analyzed by the logical structure of data and in case of damage, it is adjusted;
- Then the information is already in its pure form is written to the new drive the customer.
Cases in which the restoration of files is physically impossible to produce:
- when the information is completely overwritten other information.
- When the disk platters are physically damaged (bent or scratched heads)
- when the plates are demagnetized by information destruction.
- After the intense heat (e.g. a fire) when the temperature reaches the Curie point, and the ordering of magnetic domains is destroyed due to strong thermal vibrations of atoms in a ferromagnetic (material covering plate HDD).
Consider the reasons for an amount of interest attributable to the recovery of data after a failure of logic:
Accidental deletion of files or incorrect formatting of the disk by the user. This usually occurs as a result of erroneous or unskillful actions. The most common case is when a people format the hard drive, install it again the operating system and a bunch of programs, and then remembered that they had previously been on this disc archive of documents and photographs. File recovery, carried out with the help of special software usually allows you to recover most of the information.
Damage to the file system disk. This usually disappears in a conductor logical drive, or does not have access to it. The reason for this may be a number of factors: the operating system crashes, the impact of viruses, incorrect extraction of the drive (in the case of portable disks). Very often, this happens on Flash cards in cameras, in which case the card is formatted requests it, do it certainly is not worth it, and the percentage that falls on the recovery of information in such cases is typically 90-95%.
Failure to consolidate and move partitions using Partition Magic. Not only, that, the program itself is not always successfully completing similar transactions with the movement of large amounts of information, so also can turn off the lights in the apartment or office and then the entire contents of the disk partition on which the manipulations were carried out will be available. Data Recovery can recover only part of the information, as in the program Partition, Magic is not the log and therefore, there is no way to do a rollback.
Dynamic disks. Periodically, there are times when, after reinstalling Windows users have lost the sensible partitioning your hard drive. On these discs is the logical structure of binding to a specific operating system, and then reinstall it, this binding does not allow Windows to see the new logical drives from the aged. File recovery allows you to return the information to 100%, this requires using a special software to rewrite all the files and folders to another drive, recreate the partition on the old disk and write back to him all the information.
The so-called problem of LBA 48, it usually occurs because of lack of support for the operating system hard drives greater than 137GB capacity. The error lies in the fact that the operating system disk to a misunderstanding of 137GB does not continue to write on, and begins to write in the beginning of the disk, thus overwriting it. It supports hard drives larger than 137GB in Windows 2000 and Windows XP is installed only if the corresponding Service Pack. For Windows 2000 requires Service Pack3, for Windows XP - Service Pack1. Do not connect a labeled large-capacity drive for systems that do not support 48bitLBA, since it leads to disruption of the file system and loss of information.