Hard drive HDD
Several myths about the HDD
- In the drive HDA is a vacuum. This is probably the most common misconception. It is unclear why people think so, but this cannot be, in principle, because magnetic heads float above the surface of the disk being created by the rotation of pancakes airflow. Accordingly, if there is no air, then drive to work under the laws of physics could not. In fact, inside the HDA HDD ordinary air, purified through air filters with the same pressure as outside the HDA.
- If the hard drive crashed a block of magnetic heads and the drive is knocking, it is necessary to remove the data swap platters into another hard drive is defective. This is the second most common misconception. Why do people think they need to rearrange the plates, but broke down just a block of magnetic heads - is unclear? In practice, the rearrangement of the other plates in the HDA is a complex and navsegda doable task. Even professionals have resorted to this method only in case of jamming of the bearing. It is difficult because, after rearrangement of pancakes they need to be centered relative to the axis of the shaft with preservation mesh discovery phase (the angle of displacement relative to each other drives). In most cases, much easier to rearrange the block of magnetic heads with a serviceable HDD for faulty because BMG most HDD models firmly fixed on its axis, and its center is not necessary.
- There are special stands, where you can just directly from the platter to deduct from a damaged disc. Yes, these stands are available, but ... they are at most abroad, the cost recovery for such a stand would be tens of thousands of dollars; it is possible only for certain models of HDD; data recovery is only partial. Therefore, correct to assume that such a universal understanding in the general stand simply does not exist. It is connected with a few moments. First of all, modern drives of different technological teams and have such a thing as a translator, and even if you consistently deduct all sectors of the disk, as it should be obtained from the physical sector logic data structure Secondly, the data density of modern HDD is that reading data from the surface of the HDD can be just regular heads, and will not become confused if the plate with a scratch, in this case the head immediately failed.
- Overwritten data can be recovered by the remanent magnetization. The method of recording data in a modern HDD requires a complete reversal of the surface area for recording information. Because of the remanent magnetization is not there.
- Government intelligence agencies like the Federal Security Service have at their disposal a super equipment, which is not in commercial firms. In fact, the FSB is also not sitting magicians, miracle-devices for data recovery in all cases; they do not. Moreover, very often people from the intelligence agencies themselves turning to commercial companies for data recovery help.